Sunday, April 6, 2008

Are we there yet?


Still trying to make the right choice for my family, we have taken another trip to sunny Florida.


This time we decided to drive with a 7 and 9 year old, an 8 week Jack Russel puppy, an ex marine now head chef at a prestigious hotel in Boston, my husband, and of course me the master mind of all this! Nineteen hours from door to door. Not as bad as I thought, considering that we left Rhode Island at 8 pm on a Wednesday. My hubby and his cousin talked the whole way to South Carolina(now 5 a.m.). He talked my husbands ear off but I didn't care because it was keeping him awake.


It is now 5a.m. and my time to drive and the cousin isn't so talkative now. I stop at this small gas station where all the truckers get their morning fuel(fuel and gas). The people were not very friendly to the girl who talks like a Yankee. I bought coffee from a gas station! This is a girl that lives in a state where Dunkin Donuts and Starbucks on every main road. I needed to stay awake and had to drink the fuel, yuck!


Finally the sun was coming up and I called my sweet friend Jen who gets up before the birds. I figured she could help me stay awake for a bit of the drive. This is the friend(one of them) who does not want us to move.



We made it to the sunny state all intact and happy to be at abuela's.

2 comments:

The Domesticator said...

It's a huge decision.Take your time! I am sure many of your friends will miss you if you do move.

Glad you made it there and back safely.

island girl said...

Good lord, what is there to talk about from 8pm to 5am??? Don't those two sillies know that that is prime sleeping time? :)